Hi there – Welcome to MinsMash!
I’m Min and I’m blogging from Moreton Bay in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
I’m in my late forties so I guess that makes me middle-aged. I’m sure though, given some time, I can come up with a better name for this stage of life! Stay tuned!
I’m a mum to three – fraternal twin boys (Twin1 and Twin2) who are 20 and a 17 year old daughter (MissM) who is in her first year of University. Of course there is a Mr MinsMash (Mr MM).
I have a soft spot for animals! Well most of them. There are some animals I’m not overly fond of but in particular I cannot stand toads (there is a blog post story about this here)! We have two dogs – a 13 year old tri-colour Cavalier King Charles Spaniel called Chelsea who snores like a trooper and
inhales adores food. On Monday 26 November 2012 we welcomed a new puppy to our family – a beautiful ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Ava.
We have a fish pond with countless fishies who do not have names because the population fluctuates constantly, so they don’t really count as beloved pets. You can meet them here!
There are many aspects to Min. I’m a deep thinker and analyser. I tend to be a bit of a worrier – though I’m working on that! I’m a little bit creative. I love to learn. I’m a perfectionist. I am very caring, kind and loyal (most of the time). I’m sentimental. Sometimes I can be a little bit funny. Sometimes I can be quite serious and then there are all the various shades in between! You’ll see all shades of me on my blog but rest assured all of them are the true me!
My blog began on 19 September 2012, so it is still relatively new and evolving. At the moment, it is many things:
- Every Monday (the day has changed a couple of times) I post a quote that inspires me and provide my take on what it means to me. My hope is that by being open and sharing, it may inspire and help others as well as myself.
- Every Friday I post a Flashback Friday post with a photograph or two. It could be an old photo of me, my kids, anything really … and there will be a bit of a story to go with the photo/s.
- I kicked off a 365 Grateful Project on 24 September 2012 – where I post a photo a day of something I am grateful for. You can read more about that on ‘The MinsMash 365 Grateful Project’ page! (NOTE: I’ve currently changed to posting these just twice a week – 3 to 4 grateful’s each post)
- As a mum, I refer occasionally to my parenting experiences. These are usually focussed around parenting of teens and young adults, from my perspective as the parent, or it could be a Flashback Friday post where I reminisce about the days when the kids were little. Note: I have made the decision to not talk specifically about my kids or publish any current day photographs of them because as they are now young adults, I like to protect their privacy.
- As I love my dogs – there are occasional posts and photographs about them!
- There will be posts on all sorts of miscellaneous things that I might want to chat about. I call these my posts on ‘a mish mash of stuff’!
- My blog is an opportunity for me to share my part of the world and things that I love. It allows me to indulge in my love of writing, expressing myself, researching, photography, connecting with others, and my tech savvy – always wanting to learn more – inner geek. And…oh boy…I have discovered that there are many things I need to learn about blogging and the blogosphere!
- It’s my little happy place space where I can be free to be me. This blog is a stress free zone!
I sincerely hope you enjoy it!